Job Responsibilities : Technical Editor, Google Cloud
Company : Google
Location : Waterloo, ON CA
- Bachelor’s degree in a related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 5 years of experience editing and managing customer-facing technical content for a developer/technical-practitioner audience
- Experience with content management systems (CMS)
- Proficiency with HTML and Markdown
- General understanding of information architecture
About the job
Technical writers plan, create, and maintain educational content as an integral part of the engineering or user experience. The content is often in the form of documentation, but may also be UI text, sample code, videos, or other educational material. Regardless of the content medium, technical writers are distinguished by their abilities to explain complex topics in a way that’s useful to their audience.
As a Technical Editor, you will edit tutorials, conceptual material, and architectural diagrams focused on software developers and IT experts who want to use Google’s cloud platform. You will provide guidance to a team of professional technical writers and subject-matter experts who are creating product documents, including giving input and direction on document types, content model, style, terminology, and site design.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google’s product portfolio possible. We’re proud to be our engineers’ engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Edit technical content for the Google Cloud Platform community, customers, and prospective customers; work closely with the development, sales, marketing teams, partners, and other internal groups.
- Manage ongoing updates, set and own all deadlines.
- Understand, know, and update standards, templates, editorial guidelines, and globalization best practices.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.