Job Responsibilities : Software Engineer – New Service
Salary : $107736 per year
Company : Amazon Dev Centre Canada ULC
Location : Remote
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, related field and/or equivalent professional industry work experience & training
- Strong background in computer science basics (data structures, algorithms, etc).
- Sharp analytical abilities, proven skills and a track record of delivery.
- Communication skills for both a technical and business audience.
- Experience leveraging object oriented practices.
Want to disrupt an industry by delighting customers? Looking for a job where your work can have direct and massive impact? Excited to join one of the newest and most exciting services? Come be a leader on a team that is building a product that will touch millions of people daily.
Amazon Connect is a highly disruptive -based contact center that enables businesses to deliver engaging, dynamic, and personal customer service experiences. Amazon Connect is the result of the ten years of development that went into building the tools Amazon uses to provide its award winning customer service at massive and launching it as a publicly available service. With Amazon Connect, you can create your own -based contact center and be taking calls in minutes. Amazon Connect leverages the power of Artificial Intelligence and the large ecosystem of services such as Amazon Lex, Amazon Polly, Lambda, Amazon S3 and Amazon Kinesis to provide a truly frustration free, easy-to-use, extensible, and natural customer experience. With this technology, we are transforming an industry and the way customers interact with businesses and how agents service them.
We have a rapidly growing customer base and an exciting charter in front of us that includes solving highly complex engineering and algorithmic problems. We are looking for passionate and talented Software Development Engineers to join us to innovate on this new service that addresses customer needs to build modern contact centers in the . The position represents a rare opportunity to be a part of a fast-growing business soon after launch, and help shape the technology and product as we grow. You will be playing a crucial role in developing the next generation contact center, and get the opportunity to and deliver scaleable, resilient systems while maintaining a constant customer focus.
Industry analysts have said, “Amazon Connect is quietly positioned to massively disrupt by enabling companies to focus on customer service, not service centers.” and “Amazon is totally disrupting the customer contact center space as they have many other market-spaces with customer-centric solutions with open platform integration with assistance from the partner community.”
As a developer on our team, you’ll own code end-to-end from to development, and work closely with senior technical leaders within the team and across . You’ll have a sound understanding of computer science fundamentals and practical industry experience, working across the stack with technology involving modern web, SOA, databases, AI, ML, Big Data and more.
Our team puts a value on work-life balance. Most days, our team is co-located in the office, but we’re also flexible when people occasionally need to work from home. We generally keep core in-office hours from 10am to 4pm. About half of us come in earlier and the other half of us stay later.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our engineers truly enjoy mentoring more newer engineers through one-on-one mentoring and code reviews.
We care about your career growth. We try to assign projects and tasks based on what will help each team member into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Inclusive Team Culture
Our team is intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. We believe that an inclusive and welcoming culture help us build better services and better teams.
We’re looking for a new teammate who is enthusiastic, empathetic, curious, motivated, reliable, and able to work effectively with a diverse team of peers; someone who will help us amplify the positive & inclusive team culture we’ve been building.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Learn more about Amazon Connect here.
Media coverage on Amazon Connect:
Power of Amazon Connect:
- Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
- Experience in driving systemic operational improvements
- Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
- Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.