Job Responsibilities : Software Developer
Salary : 16 per hour
Company : Oracle
Location : Remote
Applicants are required to read, write, and speak the following languages: English
Curious about what you’ll do? Here’s a sample of tasks and projects our co-op’s work on:
- Implement a database-driven web application, its features and tests.
- Join the team’s code review process in an active and timely fashion.
- Take part in the resolution of production issues and work with team members, including Technical Support teams, to see the resolution through to completion.
- Collaborate with fellow team members across all roles to deliver on a shared responsibility for quality.
- Participate in writing automated tests to ensure comprehensive test coverage of features.
- Assist in product roadmap discussions and implementation.
- Follow the mentorship of full-time team members.
- Participate in initiatives that make us stronger as a team (e.g. internal dash-boarding, metrics for our success in production, improved build processes).
- Contribute ideas and effort for continuous improvement for the team, in its Agile process and in its general team effectiveness.
We encourage you to apply if you have most (or all!!) of the following:
- Experience with Java and SQL
- Understanding of HTML, CSS and DOM
- A passion for software quality
- Knowledge of QA processes and methodologies is a plus
- Co-op/intern or other industry experience in software is a plus
What we provide:
- Competitive salary for co-op’s in the technology and software industry.
- Work life balance – Our world-wide team supports each other so that your evenings and weekends are actually your own.
- A hybrid/remote work week, which gives you more flexibility to work from the location that is best for you.
- Regular team events that range from digital puzzles and video games to drive-ins and donut parties.
- Access to learning and skills development platforms as well as mentorship opportunities for all program participants.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements