Job Responsibilities : IT Specialist II
Salary : $76,536 a year
Company : The Workers’ Compensation Board
Location : Alberta
Educational Requirements : Graduate
- Installation of software in the environment, adhering to change management practices.
- Troubleshoot complex hardware or software problems, with standard or non-standard products.
- Conducts research on new technology as requested.
- Resolves IT related questions or problems.
- Prepare systems or environment documentation as per standards.
- Ticket response / Liaise with service desk..
- Provides training or mentoring within DE or to other BTS groups.
- Provides feedback that will assist senior staff in making both tactical and strategic decisions.
- Responsible for hardware and software testing, scripting, packaging, and distribution.
- Responsible for key deliverables in technology implementation projects.
- Support and administration of DE environment
- May be asked to co-ordinate short-term technology initiatives or projects.
- There is a requirement to participate in an on-call support rotation.
Your Experience and Skills:
- Graduate from a recognized university or institute of technology in a computer related discipline.
- Demonstrates commitment to continuous learning and self-improvement.
- Must have or pursue ISP (Information Systems Professional) designation.
- Must have or pursue MCSE and/or A+ designation.
- Strong team player.