Job Responsibilities : Relief Clerk (Community Services) – Casual Part Time
Salary : 16 per hour
Company : Region of Waterloo
Location : Waterloo, ON
Knowledge Skills & Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of office procedures word processing and communication skills acquired through a Grade 12 education and 2 years of customer service and/or administrative experience.
- General knowledge of departmental program areas; ability to learn specific policies procedures and protocols.
- Ability to work independently and as an effective team member. Ability to demonstrate initiative and adapt to shifting program needs deadlines and priorities when providing assistance to management and staff. Ability to collect compile and report information for assigned projects. Ability to clarify resolve and follow up on problems.
- Communication interpersonal and customer service skills to relate effectively with all levels of staff clients and members of the public who may be upset/emotional. Ability to handle confidential information discreetly.
- Computer skills using software such as MS Office databases and the Internet.