Job Responsibilities : Taxpayer Services Agent
Salary : $58,076 – $65,363 a year
Company : Canada Revenue Agency
Location : Temporarily remote
Educational requirements : High School
- Working in a fast paced, in-bound contact centre. Up to 90% of your scheduled shift will be on the telephone with callers from the general public on a daily basis
- Responds to a variety of enquiries or requests related to tax matters, CRA administered programs and related accounts.
- Performs various calculations to determine tax or CRA administered program requirements, elections, entitlements, or administrative relief.
- Educates taxpayers by providing information and promoting available services.
- Utilizing various computer applications and systems required to enter information, research, analyze and resolve questions or problems and requests raised by taxpayers, including payment reconciliation.
Please be aware that this position will also include the following:
- The use of a headset or handset for prolonged periods
- Sitting and working at a computer screen for extended periods of time
- Working in an environment that contains background noise*
- Responding to urgent and complex enquiries from taxpayers in demanding situations including short timelines and difficult interactions
- Interpersonal skills
- Organizational fit
- Information seeking techniques (encompassing conflict resolution and communication skills)
- Comprehension analysis