Job Responsibilities : Marketing and Social Media Assistant
Salary : $15.20 an hour
Company : Nanaimo District Museum
Location : RemoteCA
Marketing and Social Media Assistant – Student Position
October 5, 2021 – March 31, 2022
$15.20/ hour (10-16.5 hours/week)
- Assist with the creation, scheduling, and responding to social media posts on Nanaimo Museum’s Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter accounts.
- Assist with digital marketing projects (SEO tasks, Email Marketing, Digital Advertising) in support of museum operations and assets.
- Assist with creating, scheduling, and responding to marketing materials on a variety of community event and promotional sites and publications.
- Assist with marketing and advertising content.
- Assist with the facilitation of programming and events throughout the fall/winter seasons.
- Administrative duties will include interacting with the public, especially at the front desk, and assisting with community marketing.
- Support housekeeping with regular checks and cleaning in support of Communicable Disease Plan
- Other duties, as required
- Be able to use social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Familiarity with scheduling program Later an asset.
- Be able to use computer software included in the MS Office 2016 Suite (Word, Excel, etc). Familiarity with Trello, InDesign, Photoshop and Canva an asset.
- Have some knowledge of marketing and social media best practices and techniques.
- Have some photography and videography skills.
- Have strong communication skills in English – both written and oral (intermediate to fluent French as well is an asset)