Job Responsibilities : Research Assistant (App Development)
Salary : 13 per hour
Company : University of Saskatchewan
Location : RemoteCA
Educational requirements : Graduate
- Help design and develop the web app using React and Azure
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the overall software architecture and the technologies used within the application
- Actively participate in discussions on the technical requirements and implementation of the app, including participation in code reviews
- Run proof of concept projects on new technical ideas in a timely manner
- Document the workflow and software whenever needed
- Contribute to integration and unit testing using best practices
- Understand the driving assessment process (and pass/fail outcomes) that occupational therapists use with their patients, and actively participate in discussions to improve the app to fit this process
- Meet bi-weekly (progress update)
Required Number of Hours: ~10-12 hours per week
Duration of Employment: Start June 1st, End December 31st (7 months)
Qualifications (Skills and Abilities): Preference will be given to graduate students enrolled at the University of Saskatchewan and have substantive expertise in computer science or software engineering.
Research experience in computer science, software design, software engineering, is a requirement. The candidate should have prior experience developing web applications. Security experience and experience working in Azure are assets.
To Apply: Interested applicants must include the following in their application: cover letter, curriculum vitae, as well as the name and contact information for two references.