Job Responsibilities : Library Information Specialist (Librarian)
Salary : $58,588 – $71,447 a year
Company : Canada Energy Regulator
Location : Calgary, AB CA
Educational requirements : Bachelor Degree
Intent of the Process
A pool of candidates may be created. Qualified candidates may be used to staff other similar positions at an equivalent or lower level on a term, indeterminate or acting basis. Appointment of qualified candidates will be based on the assessment results of the essential or essential and asset qualifications and with regard to breadth and depth of experience.
Positions to be filled: 1
Information you must Provide
A covering letter “Clearly demonstrate how you meet the essential qualifications of education and experience.”
In order to be considered, your application must clearly explain how you meet the following (essential qualifications)
Education: Successful completion of a post-secondary program in Library Information Technology, Library Studies, or in a field related to the position.
E1 Experience with Microsoft Office suite, including Word and Excel.
E2 Experience in providing client service.
E3 Experience in using an integrated library system (i.e. library catalogue).
E4 Experience in maintaining and organizing information in databases and hardcopies.
Conditions of Employment
1) Willingness to undergo, successfully pass and maintain a reliability status security clearance.
2) Compliance with the CER’s Code of Conduct is required.
3) Must be willing and able to travel and to work overtime when required.
4) Must be willing to move within and between business units and teams, based on operational requirements and/or as individual development needs are identified.
5) There are physical demands that are regularly required to perform this job. Candidates must be able to:
a. lift packages, equipment, and materials up to 15 kgs. (approx. 33 lbs.);
b. cope with an increased amount of dust in the air;
c. bend, stoop and kneel frequently; and
d. spend a large part of the day standing up and moving around.