Job Responsibilities : Instructional Coach
Salary : 16 per hour
Company : Government of the Northwest Territories
Location : Ulukhaktok, NT CA
Educational requirements : Postgraduate Degree
BDDEC is looking for a dynamic individual for the position of Instructional Coach to help improve student achievement. The primary focus of this position will be improving student achievement through data based decision-making, research-based strategies and job-embedded professional development of teachers focusing on early learning. The successful applicant should have elementary training and student literacy/numeracy development experience. Alternately, applicants with expertise in inclusive schooling and reading assessment and or mathematics will also be considered.
As a key member of a dedicated educational leadership team responsible for providing consultative and collaborative support to BDDEC schools, the incumbent shall:
- Provide direct support to schools through lesson demonstrations and coaching using effective research-based teaching strategies
- Utilize the BDDEC Teacher Coaching Cycle to help develop teacher capacity
- Work with school representatives to determine priorities, and facilitate the development and implementation of plans and programs that meet the diverse educational needs of students
- Guide teachers in the use of data to inform instructional decisions
- Develop and deliver staff training (in-service) opportunities within the region in consultation with BDDEC school staffs
- Carry out and implement goals of school based action plans
- Must work closely with the BDDEC Coordinator to ensure school based action plans aligns with district operating plan.
- Participate collaboratively in the BDDEC networks and all BDDEC literacy/numeracy initiatives
- Work with schools to develop school-based plans to meet their student needs.
- Be familiar with the prescribed NWT curriculum.
- Cultural competency is necessary.
- Coachability, Growth mindset and openness to learning is a must for the successful candidate.
- Undertake/assist in other duties that may be assigned by the Principal.
- Experience in cross-curricular or interdisciplinary planning.
- Willingness to actively participate in BDDEC/NWT in-services and training.
The successful applicant is expected to have specialization, training, and experience in any or all of the above listed responsibilities. Candidate must have a Bachelor of Education degree and be eligible for an NWT teaching certificate.
Postgraduate training, educational leadership and facilitation training and experience would be definite assets. Preference will be given to proficient educators with demonstrated leadership experiences, excellent initiative, planning, organization, communication, writing, and interpersonal skills, and a track record of effective classroom experience. She/he will be known for a high standard of professionalism and will be a strong team player committed to working well with and earning the respect of school staffs.