Job Responsibilities : IT Support Specialist
Salary : 90000 per year
Company : Fonemed
Location : Remote CA
If you thrive on creativity and innovation, then this is the opportunity for you!
We are looking for a full-time IT Support Specialist to join our innovative and growing team. This position can work remotely from anywhere in Atlantic Canada.
- Install, test, troubleshoot, diagnose, document, and resolve technical issues surrounding Laptop/Desktop, Network Devices, mobile devices, IP Phones, software, and other IT hardware/peripherals (printers, fax machines, phones, etc.).
- Provide user support for computer operation issues and the initial training on equipment.
- Ensure maintenance, administration, and security of hardware as per IT policies.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, emails or support requests regarding hardware and software issues.
- Seek out opportunities to improve existing or recommend innovative approaches that best meet the needs of the client and the business.
- Assist with development of various IT policies, reports, and presentations for the IT department.
- Maintain checklists and documentation related to support.
- Contact vendors to arrange for repair and/or warranty work of computer equipment as required.
- Provide assistance to other IT staff as required.
- Maintain software, license, and hardware inventory.
- Act as a reference on technology trends and processes, conducting research to stay current on changes to the industry.
- Rotating after hours IT Support on-call every 4th week and weekend.
- Successful completion of a Diploma/Degree in IT or an equivalent combination of skills and experience.
- Thorough knowledge and experience in multiple Windows Operating systems including Windows 7 through 10, and Windows Server 2008-2012.
- Thorough knowledge of user administration.
- Excellent understanding of IT best practices.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of MS Office (365).
- Knowledge of SQL and database functionality.
- Positive and friendly customer service attitude.
- Excellent attention to detail, ability to prioritize, and meet competing deadlines.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Ability to work under tight timelines.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively and professionally in a fast paced and changing environment with people at various levels within an organization.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and demands simultaneously.
- Thrive in both independent and team-based work environments.