Job Responsibilities : Admitting and Administrative Clerk, Child and Youth Mental Health – BC Children’s Hospital
Salary : $23.40 an hour
Company : PHSA
Location : Remote
- Type and distribute a variety of technical and non-technical material such as correspondence (including re-direct letters), reports, notices, agendas, notes/minutes of meetings, spreadsheets by utilizing various computerized word processing and spreadsheet software packages, creating files, and editing material for stylistic consistency and grammar as required.
- Perform receptionist and other clerical duties including answering telephones, responding to inquiries and requests for information, obtaining patient files as necessary, greeting patients and families, printing daily schedule, and forwarding problems and complex queries to appropriate personnel
- Grade 12
- Two (2) year’s recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Keyboard at 45 wpm.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Organize work.
- Physically carry out the duties of the position.
- Deal with others effectively.
- Operate related equipment.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
What we do