Job Responsibilities : Software Engineer – Opportunity for Working Remotely Fredericton, New Brunswick
Salary : 17 per hour
Company : VMware Engineering
Location : Remote CA
- You will implement modules in microservices in Go language. Your code needs to have readability, extensibility and good quality.
- You will write unit tests and integration tests to ensure code quality.
- You will be expected to show case your ability to troubleshoot and mitigate issues in production.
- You will first be guided in completing projects. With growth of your experience, you will be expected to independently solve problems and complete projects.
- You will be regularly evaluated on the quality of the product you create and the code you write to ensure continued advancement of your technical skills in an environment that looks to expand them.
Requirements, or Skills
- Most of your time will be spent writing high-quality code with excellent code coverage using Go. You can expect to be the owner and take accountability for the quality of your code.
- Under the guidance of senior team members, you will have opportunities to improve your system design and component design skills.
- You will collaborate with teammates to solve problems during service development lifecycle.
- You will collaborate with other functions such as program management, QE engineers, and SRE engineers to improve the product.
- You will take on-call responsibilities to ensure smooth operation of microservices this team owns.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VMware?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can view the complete benefits package by visiting www.benefits.vmware.com.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Medical Coverage, Retirement, and Parental Leave Plans for All Family Types
- Generous Time Off Programs
- 40 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community
- Rethink’s Neurodiversity program to support parents raising children with learning or behavior challenges, or developmental disabilities
- Financial contributions to your ongoing development (conference participation, trainings, course work, etc.)
- Healthy and local inspired snacks in all our on-site pantries
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Software Engineering
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time