Job Responsibilities : Junior Support Advisor (Remote, Canada)
Salary : $17 an hour
Company : Shopify
Location : RemoteCA
Educational requirements : Graduate
Shopify’s mission is to make commerce better for everyone. From building a new product feature for our commerce platform, to helping a merchant troubleshoot an issue over the phone, we want to empower our ecosystem through our work.
About the role
All Junior Support Advisors will go through an intensive 5-6 week onboarding program where they will learn the ins and outs of ecommerce, the digital economy and what creates a successful business online. After onboarding, Junior Support Advisors will work directly with businesses to provide guidance in their move to digital and beyond.
You’ll get to
- Learn human-centered customer support methods
- Partner with experienced customer support folks to respond to inbound and outbound needs of entrepreneurs
- Join a Support organization that has always been set up remote and will allow you to thrive from anywhere within Canada
- Help entrepreneurs and businesses from across Canada succeed online
- Adhering to a daily schedule that includes a mix of: 2 simultaneous chats, emails, and professional development time.
- Ensuring merchants have a quick response time by staying on top of your assigned tickets, with same-day ticket review.
- Learning to act as a business coach and to think about the merchant’s business holistically when offering solutions.
- Completing essential follow-up documentation after each interaction.
- Engaging in human conversations with merchants to identify and resolve issues, and provide coaching/growth opportunities for their businesses.
Requirements for the role
- Available to work full-time (40 hours per week) on a rotating schedule with varying 8-hour shifts starting anytime between 7:00 am – 11:00 am in your local timezone. This means some days your shifts could be as early as 7am-3pm, and as late as 11am-7pm. This includes working weekends and holidays on a rotating basis. More information regarding the work hours expectations of the role can be found here.
- Live and have legal authorization to work in Canada.