Job Responsibilities : Junior IT Project Manager
Salary : 18 perhour
Company : Sun Life Financial
Location : Remote
What you need to succeed:
- A University or College diploma / degree.
- 2 years of project management experience, supporting medium to large technical/business project environments
- PMP or Scrum Master certification
- Exposure to Agile and understanding of SCRUM and/or Kanban
- Capable of managing small independent IT projects with clear, stable requirements.
- Understands the critical path and ensures controls are in place to monitor if tasks are being completed as planned.
- An understanding of the risk management process and able to recognize and escalate risks and issues appropriately.
- Proficient in the use of scheduling tools ie; MS Project and JIRA
- Skilled at the Microsoft Office suite of products (Word, Excel, Visio)
- Very good communication skills (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize a wide range of tasks.
- Curious with an experimental mindset that celebrates both success and failure
- Effective at both listening and participating
- Ability to prioritize and improve while getting the work done.
- Strong interpersonal skills – honest and transparent with the confidence to seek clarity when direction is unclear.
- Ability to work collaboratively at all levels