Job Responsibilities : Taxpayer Services Agen
Salary : $58,076 – $65,363 a year
Company : Canada Revenue Agency
Location : Temporarily remoteCA
Educational requirements : High School
CRA prioritizes diversity and inclusion and is firmly committed to providing a diverse workforce that reflects the population we serve. CRA’s National Employment Equity (EE) Staffing Strategy strives to eliminate EE gaps for the four EE designated groups: Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and women. Where an EE gap exists at the time of appointment, EE may be used as an appointment criterion for permanent and temporary appointments/staffing actions over six months made through this process.
- Working in a fast paced, in-bound contact centre. Up to 90% of your scheduled shift will be on the telephone with callers from the general public on a daily basis
- Responds to a variety of enquiries or requests related to tax matters, CRA administered programs and related accounts.
- Performs various calculations to determine tax or CRA administered program requirements, elections, entitlements, or administrative relief.
- Educates taxpayers by providing information and promoting available services
Please be aware that this position will also include the following:
- The use of a headset or handset for prolonged periods
- Sitting and working at a computer screen for extended periods of time
- Working in an environment that contains background noise*
- Responding to urgent and complex enquiries from taxpayers in demanding situations including short timelines and difficult interactions